Top 5 Reasons Why We’re Giving Away Our eBook This Week
We asked Amazon to give away thousands of copies of the Kindle version of our book, The CIO’s Guide to Breakthrough Project Portfolio Performance, through Friday of this week. Why give it away, you ask? Here are the top 5 reasons (actually, the only 5 we could think of):
1) Mike figured most people like free stuff almost as much as he does, and wanted to spread the unequaled feeling of “joyous victory from having obtained free stuff” to people the world over.
2) Mike has an economics background, and likes drawing demand curves…now he’ll know where to plot the “quantity demanded” point when price = $0.
3) For the starving CIO or IT Project Portfolio exec who can’t afford the $7.99 regular price, we figured we’d temporarily remove this daunting barrier.
4) For the hoarders who will download the book simply because it’s free, we figured “Who knows—maybe some of them manage IT project portfolios in need of dramatic improvement!”
5) We wanted to see how high we could score on Amazon’s “Top 100 Free” eBooks n the Project Management category (currently, there’s just one other, so our Marketing Department is already gearing up to claim as least “Number 2” on Amazon’s Best Seller List).
For those of you who have already paid your $7.99 for the eBook, we thank you, and offer the following words of encouragement in hopes of rewarding your “early adopter” behavior:
1) You can brag that you are one of a select few who were savvy enough to get a head start on achieving performance breakthroughs worth far more than the cost of the book, weeks or even months before the “penny-wise-but-pound-foolish” masses took advantage of the free book promo.
2) We just donated waaaaay more than the book’s proceeds-to-date to a very worthwhile cause—the first-ever Project Management Day of Service, being held here in the DC area on our National Day of Service, MLK Day 2015 (January 19). Six hundred volunteers (including Mike) will be providing pro-bono PM advisory services to 200 charities and non-profits. So you can feel good that a big chunk of your $7.99 is going to help make the world a better place, in addition to driving breakthroughs in the performance of your project portfolios!